Friday, March 7, 2014

It's Friday and the end of the quarter!

It's Friday and the end of the 3rd quarter!  My students were restless today!  It has been a long winter and I think they are in need of some nice weather and a break...and I am too.

I teach 9th graders physical science 9th period.  Yikes!  It is a challenge sometimes, but especially today.  Today they seemed to have a lot of extra energy.

We did a hands on lab creating series circuits to test the conductivity of various objects and solutions.  They were surprised that salt water and pickle juice were conductive.

Pickle juice is conductive because of the salt (NaCl) in it.
The lightbulb is on and working (it might be difficult to see from this picture).



After we finished the lab, we watched a National Geographic video about a golfer getting struck by lightning.  This was right up their alley.  I find that keeping this group engaged with labs and things interesting to them makes class run more smoothly.

After school I had a few more students come in to redo a quiz and turn in some missing work.

I should be thinking and preparing for next week (parent teacher conferences) but really all I want to do is relax on the couch in a hoodie and fleece pants while watching a movie with my family.

1 comment:

  1. Shouldn't we always be doing something other than watching a movie with our family in our hoodies and sweatshirts? I laughed out loud at this post because even as I type, I am in sweats watching a movie with my family. Forgive me! Loved your reflections about the day and the lessons.

    ReplyDelete