Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Sun

Today was a fun and exciting day!  Yesterday the students did online research using www.nasa.gov to learn about and create a digital model of the sun.  Students then used google draw to create their sun and label it.  They also needed to include descriptions about the different layers.  Today they brought their sun models to class.  I was so excited when I saw their results!  The best part is that they are all unique models yet they all met the standard!  My struggling students did great with this activity.  Here are a few of their digital models.  Two of these models were created by "at-risk" students.  I'm so happy with the results!





2 comments:

  1. What a cool project! I'm going to pass this along to our science coordinator. It sounded like kids loved it and their work is amazing! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are terrific...and show that many "struggling" students have gifts beyond the text.
    I was also struck by how different each design is, while fulfilling the criteria. Art!

    ReplyDelete